Skip to content
- Scouts or adults unable to attend an event due to an accident, death in the immediate family or family relocation related issues may request a refund, less a 20% service fee. All refund requests are to follow these procedures:
- All refund requests must be submitted in writing to the Pee Dee Area Council 702 S. Coit Street, Florence, S.C. 29501 no later than two weeks after the conclusion of the event.
- To be included in the request: Name and date of the event, name of the participant for which the refund is sought, the amount paid to date, the receipt number if available, the unit number and name and address of the unit leader (for payment issued by unit) along with the reason a refund request is being made.
- The initial Summer Camp deposit of $75.00 per person is not refundable but may be transferred from one Scout to another within a Troop. All deposits will be credited toward the balance of the fees due. The same policy applies for payments for Cub Scout and Venturing events and activities. All transfer requests must be made in writing one week prior to all events.
- In the event a unit check was written for multiple participants all refunds will be sent to the unit leader for appropriate distribution.
- No Refund Requests will be accepted after two weeks following the end of the applicable activity.
- If an activity is cancelled or postponed and the participant cannot attend on the alternate date, the full fee will be refunded.